11/16/11

Nellie Wortman: The Dance


today I am grateful for... 

the dance
Nellie Wortman Original Artwork
"The Dance"
i am asked from time to time, is there
something that i do, that helps to open
up my creativity.

well, i would have to say…
"the dance"

when i head into my studio,
i find that there are some days,
i am motivated to start
working without needing any
motivation.  

but then there are many
times that i will stop and ask myself…

why can't i get creative?
why is it, that i find myself at a road block?

then i remember….

i haven't danced today!

you see, it is up to each of us to keep
a child like-heart.

remember, when you were a child and you
would find yourself twirling to no music?  

you would run and laugh at nothing.

you felt like you could do anything...

well, as adults, we need
that same child-like feeling.

when i create, i need that same feeling of
wind beneath my wings.

i need to know that i can create with
a feeling of, "i can conquer the world".

i need the possibilities and be in
awe of it.

so, i will turn on the
radio and dance.

i will twirl, smile and laugh.

what i find that happens is
my inner voice wants to
come out to play and create.


not only do i apply this same principal to my studio, i apply it to all areas of
my life.

so when I find myself dragged down by life's circumstances...

i will turn the radio on...

and dance.
_______________________________________
You can learn more about Nellie at her blog, Early Morning Thoughts

5 comments:

Alice said...

It's so funny you mention getting motivated by dance. My oldest daughter started her teaching career this September. She teaches 5th graders who are at the age when they get an negative attitude. When she sees a student who looks down or grumpy, she twirls, claps, sings, or dances. Soon the stundent is laughing and ready to take on the day.

My Life Under the Bus said...

So true - what a great way to change your perspective!

Judy said...

I can totally relate...“Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination,and charm andgaiety to life and to everything“I will write peace on your wings and you will fly all over the world” unknown

Courtney Breul said...

I need to dance more often!

Diane said...

Yes! I know that to be so true. Music definitely makes my heart sing, and my creativity start to soar =)