3/14/12

Nellie Wortman: The Horizon


I love standing on the cliff and being able to watch the ocean. How the waves reach high and then come back down to a calmness. How the horizon makes me feel, like it goes on forever. How the sunsets leave me breathless and being able to feel like I could dream and do the impossible. 

Even though I love standing on the cliff where it is safe and the view is beautiful, I find that I never really get to experience the true essence of this. Nor do I really go anywhere. There is nothing wrong with staying on the land, but we are designed by our heavenly father for greater things. If I want to be able to really experience the ride of the waves and the beauty of the horizons, I need to leave the safety of the land. 

Now, this can be scary and instill fear within some of us. For... what happens, if I get caught in a wave and drown. What if I take that leap and set my sails for my dreams and I fail? What if the direction I was heading, ended up going somewhere other than what I had planned?

but, what if....

by taking that leap, you achieve your dreams or even experience one’s, that were better than what you could of ever dreamed.

What if...

I set my sails and the winds change my direction and I end up in a place that held more promises, friendships and happiness than I could ever thought possible.

What if...

I get caught in a wave and find myself trying to stay afloat and through the storm, come out of it with more strength, faith and hope that helps me to become the person that I was always meant to be.

Life will always have a wave from time to time that will require us to adjust our sails, dig deep down within and find an inner strength, faith and hope...but, I would rather have experienced life, than to have lived my life on the land, always wondering... what if?
________________________________________
You can learn more about Nellie on her blog, Early Morning Thoughts

2 comments:

Chris said...

Ahhh..."what if?" Yes, we need to push ourselves out once in a while to grow. To be a "kid". :-)

Riki Schumacher said...

Ahhhhh, so beautiful Nellie. I love this post, thanks for sharing. Xoxo. Riki