Want to become a better person?
Here are some tips…tried and true!
1. Volunteer: Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.” 1 John 3:18
2. Consider His word: I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches. I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways. I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word. Ps 119:14-16
3. Love one another: Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Eph 4:2
4. Be an encourager: Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you. 2 Cor 13:11
5. Practice humility: When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom. Prov 11:2
6. Be careful what you say: The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole body, sets the whole course of one’s life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell. James 3:5-7
7. Be wise (”fear”=respect for and knowledge of God): The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise.
8. Work hard: All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty. Prov 14:23
9. Guard the attitude of your heart: What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don’t they come from your desires that battle within you? You desire but do not have, so you kill. You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask God. When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.
10. Love and obey: Love the LORD your God and keep his requirements, his decrees, his laws and his commands always. Deut 11:1
To learn more about Deryn, visit her blog, Something Sublime